[Liverpool] Re: Sun to acquire MySQL for US$1 billion

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 17 18:56:33 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 17:44 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 05:41:06PM +0000, Omar Baqueiro wrote:
> > By the way, my flatmate is asking me when is the next Open Source
> > conference going to be. We went to the last one (about open source
> > education) in the Liverpol Digital buildings and even though he was
> > just barely interested (we are running a NGO in Mexico which uses
> > several open source technologies such as Dokeos) he was the lucky guy
> > who won the Ipod. Can you believe it? hehe
> >

> How deeply ironic to give away a drm infested device like an ipod at an OS
> conference. Hey ho.

Hey, it's hardware - you can replace the software ;-P

Anyway, if that's the only criticism anyone has of our conference, I'll
be very relieved :^)

We're running the next edu conference in Skegness in April - details to
appear on the OSA website.

If you're interested in Free Software events for NGOs, tell me more,
I'll try and point you in the right direction :-)

Cheers,

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                          rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                      www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                         +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2 [TM] Project Management
Training * Certification * Support * Networking * Web * Database * CRM

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,                Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office:       4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/ Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org

Southern Office: Bristol                     contact matthew at m6-it.org