[Liverpool] access space idea

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Wed Jul 16 12:40:35 BST 2008

2008/7/15 Vladimir J. <vladimir.jakubovskij at gmail.com>:
> hey, guys!
>
> been busy in the last week, so couldn't let you know about this.
> who's been to the meeting two weeks ago, might remember the idea about
> setting an access space in liverpool. so i have been to mello mello last
> week and we had a positive meeting and talk about this. they are totally up
> for this idea! we came up with the following plan:
>
> 1. they are away on holidays till next week, so the first thing when they
> are back is to meet up again (this time not me on my own, but with those who
> wish to be involved in the project.
> 2. they are giving us 3-4 computers which we have to put into a network and
> launch.
> 3. then we can have meetings there (regular monthly as well as occasional
> ones) and do some workshops to the users (that's what mello guys are very
> very very interested in).
>
> basically that's it. a win-win opportunity.
> need your feedback, as i will forward all the letters on this topic to jack
> and laura from mello.

Excellent feedback, a definate stepping stone in the right direction.

It would be better If the meeting could happen at a night time or
weekend, i'm chained into a regular 9-5 job so I won't be available
for mid-day meets, unless we're making a day of it (build days,
projects etc.)

Regarding the PCs, i doubt this will be an issue, as proven just from
local Freecycle lists and other projects theres a pile of old PCs that
are waiting to be used, it's just a matter of getting the message out
to people.

Meetings/Workshops are the easy part in my opinion, as proven by
AccessSpace, you give access to the tools people will want to talk
about what they can do.

As there will be alot of ideas flying around, especially regarding old
kit, setup work, and workshops, I propose that a wiki is setup to keep
note of it all. Unless theres any major reasons not to i'll set it up
tonight. Probably at http://ten61.com/asliverpool/ or something
similar.

--
Andrew Williams