[Liverpool] Open Source City recap + hi

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 23 20:30:03 BST 2008

<https://devel.goto10.org/puredyne/wiki/folly-beginners-audio-workshop> ).
> > How did everyone else like the events over the weekend?

I went to the four presentations on Friday [1], to catch
up with a few people. I was pleased to be given plenty to
think about :o)

> Andrew Williams wrote:
> > FACT is a great place, and i'd like to hang out there more. I think
> > one of the sticking point for LivLUG is somewhere to call home, maybe
> > FACT could be that in the future.

> Yes, that would be great! And ideal too I think? We have both a bar and
> a lab, and would love to have the group around...

Sounds good to me. FACT did a great book on Free Software in
2003, with a copy of dyne:bolic, but I think everyone
involved has left now?

Something new, but with local involvement this time, really
would be good news :-)

> > ...and heres another chance for me to start banging the social drum
> > again. More and more people are coming out the woodwork, and it's nice
> > to meet new people. Maybe we can agree on a date for everyone grab a
> > beer?

> Also would be great. I would prefer a Mon/Tues/Wed rather than
> weekend... anyone else free on those days generally? In the next few weeks?

Weds, or some Mondays or Fridays are good for me.

Tuesdays I'm at choir practice, and it would also clash with
at least four different groups, (inc. GeekUp, Drupal Users, &
Mcr Free Software) in Manchester.

Anyway, it would be good to get meetings going again.
Welcome to the LUG, Heather (and John, who introduced himself
in another thread).

 - Richard

[1] http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/732948

Richard Smedley,                                          rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                      www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                         +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2 [TM] Project Management
Training * Certification * Support * Networking * Web * Database * CRM

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,                Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office:       4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/ Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org

Southern Office: Oxford                      contact matthew at m6-it.org