[Liverpool] Funding for projects?

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 07:25:05 UTC 2008

On 10/11/2008, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Does anyone have any advice on this?
>
>  I have two software products (both for education) which I'm actively
>  working on. They run under .NET which means that they're happy for
>  Windows, Linux and MacOS X (as well as any other platform with
>  either .NET 2.0 or mono support) - indeed, they're both being written on
>  my Linux boxes so and tested by Mac and Windows users, so I know they're
>  happy.
>
>  The problem is that I can only do this during the evening, so
>  development is slow, hideously slow at times (one of them has had no
>  active development on it for about 6 weeks now) so I'm looking for some
>  form of investment so that I can work on them full time.

Hi Paul,

There's an alternative approach. You could put them under a free
software license and set up a project on sourceforge/launchpad (or
similar). You could then get other people involved in not just the
coding, but the documentation, testing, etc. Not as fun as working on
it yourself full time I admit (although there's nothing stopping that
if you can get the funding), but it will speed up development and
ultimately benefit more people.