[Liverpool] well done OSC

Michael Pacey michael at wd21.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 10:27:24 UTC 2008

It would be fantastic if the OU would be more Open... I did a maths
course with them a few years ago and of course I had to install Windows
to run their course software. I tried it under Wine but it was flaky.
It's not even about getting them to encourage people to use free
software, it's about getting them to make it possible.

Obviously there's work involved in making such a transition, and they
should be given time, but reading the responses of their representatives
gives the impression of cynicism more than anything.