[Liverpool] Talks

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Mon Sep 8 08:03:44 UTC 2008

2008/9/6 Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>:

> I'm sticking my name in the hat for talks.  I propose to present one
> entitled "An introduction to JACK", possibly the month after Andrew's
> talk.  This will possibly be accompanied by a demonstration at a later
> date (I have no portable computer at present, so it would have to be
> later.)

That'll be great, at the moment we've got Chris Howells sketched in
for November, doing a talk on Virtualisation and how its not all
VMWare, etc. If your OK for a December talk then i'll put you down for
that.

On a side note, While we're OK at the moment feeding off the knowledge
of group, me and my lovely sidekick (Jo) will be emailing around for
outside speakers, possibly local open source businessmen, developers,
project leaders, but who knows.

> While I'm happy to constrain myself, at the last talk I think it became
> quite evident that 30 minutes was an inadequate amount of time to convey
> any kind of information with sufficient depth to make it worthwhile.  I
> would say 45 minutes would be a *minimum* but preferably, 60 minutes.
> Thoughts?

I think it's key to get it rolling early on, while it may seem late
for the talk to finish at 8:30ish we still had plenty of drinking
time, and those who are in the outlying areas will still have plenty
of time to catch the last train/bus. I don't think a hour would be bad
at all.

--
Andrew Williams / Nik_Doof
w: http://tensixtyone.com/