[Liverpool] distros etc

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Thu Apr 30 22:05:01 UTC 2009

Stephen Mount wrote:
> When I had my MacBook - I was always finding myself using an external
> display. Now with a 17" MBP I'm quite used to going out to Starbucks
> or wherever and working with it there.

I'm on an eeepc 901 which I got about 3 months ago.

Since then it has essentially become my desktop (heck it's faster than
my desktop!) and I've been looking at it's 9" display and using it ~10"
keyboard pretty much everyday since for as many hours as you'd expect
the standard gnu/linux geek to use a computer for.

I think it's a matter of choice really. I don't play any games at all
(don't have time and relaxing for me !- gaming) and I on't really do
graphics work.

WRT sound stuff, I don't do a lot, but, I have had some good fun playing
with jack and patchage

--
www.tdobson.net
----