[Liverpool] August Meeting Review

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Thu Aug 6 07:43:43 UTC 2009

First of all, thank you to everyone who turned out. I know this wasn't our
usual style of meeting but I think it went down very successfully.

We reviewed all of the PCs within the LSC and after a hour or so we've got a
good understanding of what is available down there, it turns out they had
alot of decent PCs stashed away in the many nooks and crannies of the building.

We've got the centre setup with a new office machine, and also the two PCs at
the back of the main room are up and running with the latest Ubuntu version,
we have a further machine underneith the desk as a hot spare or a third
computer for them to use. In the storage area we have two other PCs that could
be installed and setup for them when they need.

Thanks to the generosity of the group I think we've got the LSC back up and
working for the moment, a little further work needs to be done but its mostly
small items like flashplayer and codecs. I'll be planning to set out today
to do some further work with the machines and generally "buff it up" a bit.

We're still in the search for a better pub, I don't think 'spoons is all to
welcoming of our large group, as we seem to take over most of the upstairs
area, if anyone has any pub recommendations then please post them.

I've started up a wiki page[1] to detail the machines in there, could you
please update the details as required, it would be much appreciated.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com