[Liverpool] [ANN] Liverpool LUG Meeting - Wed 2nd September 2009

Simon Johnson simon.johnson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:36:35 UTC 2009

> Main Talk
> This month Simon Johnson will be giving a introduction into his current pet
> project, I'm still
> awaiting the full details of the talk but i'm sure this mailing will remind
> him,

The talk is about how to build computers from scratch. Not assembling
a motherboard, RAM and graphics card and plugging in a hard-disk!

No, I'm talking about building a computer out of transistors.

The talk is too big to fit in a single sitting.

In the first talk, I talk about how we build the various parts of the
computer. In the second part, we assemble the computer and write a short
program for it. In the third part, we talk about compilers and writing a
compiler to target the machine.

Like all my talks, it's ambitious but hopefully it won't suck.

Cheers,

Simon Johnson