[Liverpool] Laptop Recomendations

aidan mcguire aidan at scraperwiki.com
Thu Dec 10 19:58:09 UTC 2009

Off on a slight tangent but in a similar vein.

My 12 year old son is saving up his money to buy his own computer. He
is doing this because he is fed up of the left over laptops I have
given him over the years that are always setup with unbuntu. I am
pretty sure he will want windows because he associates unbuntu  with
these always slightly dodgy laptops (of course the reason I could
justify giving them to him is they were dodgy or old)

I don't want to say "no way" as its his
Money and his choice but also don't want him wasting his money on a
windows laptop.

He uses it predominantly for web based games (runescape for example)
and homework.

Anyone - What should I do?

Understand if no one can advise.

Aidan