[Liverpool] Liverpool LUG Meeting - 4th February @ Liverpool Social Centre

David Watson david at planetwatson.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 21:27:07 UTC 2009

Andrew Williams wrote:
> Liverpool LUG Meeting
> 4th February 2009 @ 7:00pm
> Liverpool Social Centre, 96 Bold St, Liverpool, L1
>
> This month is a little different, thanks to the Liverpool Social
> Centre we have a meeting space available to use for this and future
> meetings.
>
> This months talk will be given by Vladimir Jakubovskij and is
> regarding his recent research paper "Open Source perspective: The
> current situation with online music piracy and the future of free
> music distribution". Vladimir will be discussing the topics in his
> paper at the talk. The paper will be published under the CC license at
> a later date.
>
> If Vladimir is unable to give the talk for some reason or another,
> Then Joanne Roberts will (hopefully) have a quick talk devised on Open
> Street Map.
>
> This will be our first meeting at the Liverpool Social Centre on Bold
> Street. Access is currently through the door next to the News From
> Nowhere bookshop entrance. Ring the doorbell (the small white one to
> the left of the main buzzer) for admittance. If you have any
> difficulties finding the event, please call 07530 709 263. I'll be in
> Liverpool quite early to make arrangements and organise things.
>
> Afterwards, we'll head to a local drinking hole for a few off topic
> drinks and banter.
>
> The Liverpool Social Centre is a non-profit volunteer ran operation
> who usually charge for their space, but they've offered this location
> on a free basis in return of support for their compute cluster. For
> the first month it would be good to give a small donation of £5-£10
> from the group to cover costs, so if you could bring 50p or so to
> donate they would appreciate it. For more details about the location
> check the website [1].
>
> Hope to see you all there

Sadly not me, my wife starts her night shifts tomorrow, good luck with
the talk Vladimir ( or indeed Jo ).

I will *hopefully* be able to attend a meeting at some point providing
the planets align, I hop five times and burn a candle. :)

--
David Watson - Debian GNU/Linux Developer
david at planetwatson.co.uk, dwatson at debian.org

Jabber: dwatson at planetwatson.co.uk
Web: http://planetwatson.co.uk/blog