[Liverpool] My mistake

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Wed Feb 18 12:58:00 UTC 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 04:40:48 -0800, Tim Dobson <lists at tdobson.net> wrote:
> Arguably, this is incorrect, though this is a very sensitive subject and
> need to choose my words very carefully to avoid any confusion. :)

And I meant to save that as a draft and not send it. oops!

What I was going to say is that (G)LUGs fulfill a need of bring people
using the same software together. The problem is that people use software
for a wide variety of reasons and a 'good' (G)LUG, in my opinion, caters
for all of them.

What I, personally, am hoping, is that User Groups will be come more and
more accessible to young people, more welcoming to new people and generally
more active within their local communities.

Tim