[Liverpool] vi$ta

Hakim Cassimally hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 12:01:02 UTC 2009

2009/7/29 Vladimir <vladimir.jakubovskij at gmail.com>:
> hi, ppl!
> i just wonder does anyone have a m$ vi$ta cd's + license that is not needed?
> it is for wine dev/test purposes.
> just don't feel comfortable with idea of paying micro$oft :)

If you can't find a donated copy of Vista, but would like to test with
it *legally*, you could do worse than sign up for their BizSpark
programme.
This isn't entirely free (you have to pay them £100 in 3 years time)
but you can download everything (OS and apps) from them in the
meantime.

As discussed on Geekup ml recently, this has a slight bootstrapping
issue (you can only download a Windows OS from a Windows OS, which
means that in my case I'd have to consider installing an illegitimate
copy of Windows temporarily, and solely for the purpose of downloading
an entirely legitimate copy to test with.  Hey ho.

osfameron