No subject

Wed Jul 15 11:13:46 UTC 2009

  </pre>
Err ... Red Hat develops the kernel? That is news to me. I mean, no
doubt they had their share of contributions to the kernel development,
but according to <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel</a> :<br>
"Day-to-day development takes place on the <a
 href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel_mailing_list"
 title="Linux kernel mailing list">Linux kernel mailing list</a>"<br>
and<br>
"The Linux kernel has received contributions from thousands of
programmers"<br>
I don't even know where to start with "Novell develops the applications"<br>
Also, I could be wrong, but the article seems to miss a fundamental
point. The only way for the Ubuntu founder to achieve his goal(s) was a
fork. Injecting extra resources into Debian would have never allowed
him to take all the decisions he has the freedom to take when he is
running his own show. Oh yes, with a lot of debate an begging - maybe
he would have gotten what he wanted in 10x the time. That is the core
of the matter, and that is why pretty much all forks of various open
source projects have happened - it's about having the decisional power.
That's just how open source works.<br>