[Liverpool] June Meeting Followup

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Fri Jun 5 09:55:55 UTC 2009

Now the hangover has passed I can safely continue with emailing the
group without my head pounding.

First of all, I would like to thank Bob for his excellent talk and
amusing demonstration of JACK. We were unable to record the talk this
month but i'm sure we can get the slides to post on the website.

Afterwards we wandered up to the Roscoe Arms and decided to flee as it
was already far too rammed. a quick change to the Welkin on Lord Street
and we were set for the night.

I've posted the few photos I took on Flickr[1], they're not amazing
due to the low light conditions and the lack of a flash (well, I
did have one but the pop-up flash usually ends up bleaching images
of any detail).

Thanks to the new people who turned up as well, It's good to see
we're attracting more and more people as time goes on.

We've already got a talk planned for next month, Tim Dobson will be
giving a intro to DFEY[2]. I'm sure we'll get to hear more about it
from Tim in the very near future.

[1] http://www.flickr.com/photos/nik_doof/sets/72157619250380646/
[2] http://nw.dfey.org/wiki/Main_Page

--