[Liverpool] Linux Multimedia Studio

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Mon Jun 22 15:05:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 12:12 +0100, Jérôme Fuselier wrote:
> Hi,
>   It seems that there's a large community of skilled people in music in
> this lug so I try to benefit from your experience.  I've just found lmms
> (http://lmms.sourceforge.net/) when I was looking for a software similar
> to fruity loops for linux.

I've never used or seen fruity loops, but there here's some loop-based
software I'm aware of:

Freewheeling - http://freewheeling.sourceforge.net/welcome.shtml
Sooperlooper - http://www.essej.net/sooperlooper/

I've seen freewheeling in use, it's a very interesting bit of software
for creating loop-based compositions.

I thought I'd also point out that there was a 2-part article on the
subject in LinuxJournal called, unsurprisingly, "Loop-based Music
Composition With Linux":

Part 1 - http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000304
Part 2 - http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000315

--