[Liverpool] Howduino - Hardware Hackday at FACT

Adrian McEwen adrian at mcqn.net
Tue Mar 10 12:49:34 UTC 2009

Arduino [1] isn't really like X10, although I'm using it for something
bordering on X10 with my Mazzini project [2].  The Arduino is just a
cool open-source hardware project to let you interface (some reasonably
limited) computing power with electronics.  The Arduino boards have 16KB
of flash memory for the code, 1KB of RAM, half-a-dozen analogue inputs
(to let you measure fuzzy values like light levels or temperature) and a
dozen digital inputs and outputs (to let you connect buttons and
switches for input, or to switch things on or off from the code).

There are some examples of what you can build with Arduino in the
Inspiration section of the Howduino wiki [3]

Adrian.

[1] <http://arduino.cc/>
[2] <http://www.mcqn.com/weblog/mazzini_monitors_its_first_appliance>
[3] <http://howduino.pbwiki.com/PossibleProjects>