[Liverpool] Multi-Boot Query

Scott Brimin scott.brimin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 18:41:01 UTC 2009

Good evening, y'all.

I have need for some advice on a matter of multi-booting OS'. My problem
is more specifically windows but my solution is sufficiently 'nix to
justify my use of this forum.

So here goes it.

I'm planning on installing multiple versions and different OS' on my
computer. For the sake of simplifying the situation, let's say I want:

1) Windows XP Professional
2) Windows XP Professional (x64)
3) Windows Vista Business
4) Kubuntu 8.10

They will all be on a single hard disk with GRUB, naturally, as boot-loader.

The problem I foresee is that I want all three Windows to have the same
drive letters and setups. But I'm fairly certain that the system drive
letters will increment as C, E, F. I want all system drives to be C.

I've taken a look at grub and I know it can hide partitions and swap
partition positions.

Can anyone offer any advice, docs and/or help to solve my problems?

Please and thank you.