[Liverpool] GNU/Linux Netbook workshops in Liverpool

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Thu Mar 26 11:33:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 04:58:04PM +0000, Richard Smedley wrote:
> I wonder what day/time would be best? Perhaps 2pm to 8pm
> on a week day, to capture the largest X-section of
> free time?

This is a real sticky point, midweek you risk people being unable to
attend due to work commitments, and at the weekend you have people's
lives to contend with, most people want to avoid the weekends as it
collides with the little free time they have available.

If it's a midweek affair then it'll be best in the later part of the
week, I've noticed that events scheduled on Monday and Tuesdays can
suffer low attendance due to the "CBA" factor (can I be arsed going?).

I think we've got the basis of something good here and personally i'm
psyched up about doing this type of event.

If needed I can setup a mailing list on the livlug server to organise
this in, that way we wont have to cross post between the various local
tech groups, just invite everyone to the list.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com