[Liverpool] Netbook install fest

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 30 11:19:09 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 17:23 +0100, Paul Leech wrote:
> Just a note of caution. If you are thinking of installing or showing
> others about how to install another operating system on to netbooks.
> You need to make sure that there is some kind of agreement between the
> person whose netbook is being changed just in case something goes
> awry.

Hello Paul,

It's a good point, and we do need a simple waiver
form - although I'd suggest an agreement which
lays down responsibilities for both sides as a more
positive sort of waiver :-)

> Also you need to make sure that they have saved any of their
> personal data before their operating system is erased and replaced.

One of the good things about Netbooks is that most
of them can boot from SSD, no need to wipe anything
off :-)

 - Richard

--
Richard Smedley                              PRINCE2 Project Management
                                              Sustainable 3rd Sector IT