[Liverpool] Liverpool Hackspace

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 30 20:20:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 14:55 +0100, Andrew Williams wrote:
> It's a bit of a strange situtation in MM, the upstairs area is split
> into two, half used as a office, and the empty area is a general use
> space for artists. We found it difficult to actually get anything done
> as we always had blockers, either artist belongings still there or
> someone actively using the room while we was trying to organise it.

I think it needs an uncontested space of at least
500sq ft to work.

> A main issue we had was a lack of resources, they had one or two dated
> computers and a raft of technical "stuff" (best way to describe it) that
> was saved from the dumpster during Open Source City. To get it running
> it would need a small investment in benches/desks and some old PCs.

Benches we can make :-)

Getting PCs is never a problem.

I'm happy to put a small amount of regular time into
this if others are. There may be starter money
from Hackspace for premises. What next?

 - Richard

--
Richard Smedley                              PRINCE2 Project Management
0779 456 07 14                                Sustainable 3rd Sector IT