[Liverpool] 3 Strike Petition

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Wed Nov 25 12:54:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 10:34 +0000, Simon Johnson wrote:
>         I would forget about trying to save the Internet and spend
>         your energy
>         on an independent darknet.  Such a network would seem to be an
>         inevitable necessity for free communication in future.
>

> I don't think this is the future, I think people will eventually
> realise they can glue their disparate wifi networks together in to a
> single network to rule them all.

A glued together mesh of disparate wifi networks is basically what I
mean by an independent darknet :-)  Just a crazy suggestion here but
perhaps you guys from Widnes could put together a local net?  It
wouldn't be much to put some directional antennae on the roof, pointed
at each other's houses.  Or possibly even omni-directional if you're
close enough.  Clear line-of-sight is the key issue.

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }