[Liverpool] Dealing with Spam

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Mon Nov 30 11:07:14 UTC 2009

For the last few years i've used quite a simple SpamAssassin setup to filter
out all the crap that somehow hits my domains, sometime last year I decided
to take action again (as daily spam was hitting 15-20) and I started using
RDNS blocklists, Amavis and Graylisting.

Graylisting has its real downsides and i'm sure I've lost a few genuine
emails due to it. I'd like to avoid using it but it works as a real amazing
spam filtering method (if you discount the dropped genuine mails) but I'd
like to disable it and work on a better filtering system.

At the moment I have a simple Amavis install with pyzor and razor installed,
Spamassassin with the rules updating weekly from their latest ruleset.

What are you using for your anti-spam?

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/