[Liverpool] [ANN] Liverpool LUG Meeting - Wed 2nd September 2009 {Scanned}

Neil Giddings Neil.Giddings at giddo.co.uk
Tue Sep 1 08:45:52 UTC 2009

sounds like a good talk that one :-)

----- Original Message -----
From: Simon Johnson <simon.johnson at gmail.com>
Sent: Fri, 28/8/2009 14:36
To: Liverpool Linux User Group <liverpool at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [Liverpool] [ANN] Liverpool LUG Meeting - Wed 2nd September 2009

Main Talk
This month Simon Johnson will be giving a introduction into his current pet project, I'm still

awaiting the full details of the talk but i'm sure this mailing will remind him,

The talk is about how to build computers from scratch. Not assembling a motherboard, RAM and graphics card and plugging in a hard-disk!

No, I'm talking about building a computer out of transistors.

The talk is too big to fit in a single sitting.

In the first talk, I talk about how we build the various parts of the computer. In the second part, we assemble the computer and write a short program for it. In the third part, we talk about compilers and writing a compiler to target the machine.

Like all my talks, it's ambitious but hopefully it won't suck.

Cheers,

Simon Johnson