[Liverpool] Iceweasel

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Sat Sep 5 18:05:54 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 03:49:11PM +0100, Bob Ham wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Iceweasel was mentioned at the last meeting and there seems to be a
> continuing meme that the browser is somehow behind Firefox and was
> branched off from on an old version (I shall mention no names as to
> where this meme resides ;-)  This seems a bit FUD-like to me and being a
> user and supporter of Iceweasel, I'd just like to counter the meme by
> pointing to the git repository, which contains regular imports of
> upstream:
>
> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-mozilla/iceweasel.git

The issue i've got with Iceweasel is that every bloody version Debian
release into stable tries to identify itself as a beta version of
Gran Paridso or whatever the latest dev branch is. If your going to
change the markings then at least try to make a effort in provding some
sense of stability.

Anyway, much of a muchness for me as I use Arch and i'm on Firefox 3.5
stable anyway :)

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/