[Liverpool] LUGCrawl?

Adrian McEwen adrian at mcqn.net
Tue Sep 8 12:55:10 UTC 2009

Andrew Williams wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 01:23:25PM +0100, Dan Lynch wrote:
>
>> Oh god that's funny :D Nice one Andy. I'm not sure I could make it this
>> Saturday but that seems academic now as neither can anyone else. I'm off to
>> America next Friday for LinuxCon (any excuse to mention that), so next week
>> is out and probably the one after. If you can decide on a date let me know
>> and I'll do my best to get there :)
>>
>> While I'm not against going out on a Saturday night (at all), I'm not
>> convinced it will help us to decide which pub would be quietest on a
>> Thursday night. I've just had a thought actually and I can't believe it
>> never occurred to me before. We could use 3345 on Parr St as a post LUG
>> watering hole. It's got free wi-fi and everything. Not the cheapest bar in
>> town but not extortionate either. There's also Studio 2 downstairs which is
>> bigger and very nice. Not too far to walk from LSC. Just a couple of streets
>> over.
>>

> Good point, I think we'll need to pre-arrange as from what I remember
> 3345 is a members club. Its simple and free to signup but it presents
> problems if we have non members turning up. I dunno, I know Geekup hold
> their meets there so I guess it'll be a case of mailing them.

I'm not sure if it still is, or maybe they just don't really care these
days.  I've never had to sign in or sign up anytime I've been to GeekUp,
and at the last meeting Thom hadn't even bothered to book the
"boardroom" as we didn't have a talk scheduled.  Still, I'm sure it
wouldn't hurt to double-check with them beforehand.

Adrian.