[Liverpool] LUGCrawl?

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 13:57:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Andrew Williams <andy at tensixtyone.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 01:55:02PM +0100, Adrian McEwen wrote:
> > I'm not sure if it still is, or maybe they just don't really care these
> > days.  I've never had to sign in or sign up anytime I've been to GeekUp,
> > and at the last meeting Thom hadn't even bothered to book the
> > "boardroom" as we didn't have a talk scheduled.  Still, I'm sure it
> > wouldn't hurt to double-check with them beforehand.
>
> Thanks for the headsup, i'll fire a email over today.
>
> --
> Andrew Williams

 As Adrian says, I don't think it is a members club anymore. I've been in
there loads of times in the last year and I'm not a member. I've never been
asked to sign in or give ID of any kind. I just walked in like any other
bar. You could check with them but they seem pretty lax on membership rules.
I believe it used to be a bit more strict but I think they realised they
needed all the customers they could get. Whenever I've been in there it's
been dead. I reckon we should be fine. No harm making good contacts with the
owners though. If we can say we're bringing in 10-15 people every month I
think they'll be happy, as they are with GeekUp :)