[Liverpool] Idea: LUG Library

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Tue Sep 15 14:34:12 UTC 2009

Hi all,

The LUG has aquired a free copy of a O'Reilly book as part of our membership
in the O'Reilly User Group Programme (a seperate post to follow on that). A
few of us from the organisers list were trying to come up with a idea of
what to do with it and have come up with a interesting idea for the LUG.

The idea is to create a LUG Library, people could donate books into the general
collection and these can be "booked" by members of the LUG and swapped at
the monthly meetings. this would be more a Peer to Peer library as we wont have
a central administrator and storage area for the books, in turn this would
reduce the administration overhead needed to keep it going.

What do people think? Would you be willing to donate some of your old technical
books to the library?

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/