[Liverpool] Hello

Tom Hall thattommyhall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 23:08:08 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

After a career break in India I have just moved back to Wallasey for a
while and will attend your meetings while I am here.

I lived in Leeds for a few years, recently ran WYLUG and have a few
talks ready if you need speakers, titles:
* RAID - What it is, why you want it and how Linux does it.
* LVM - Virtualise your storage
* ZFS - The last word in filesystems?
* btrfs - Another word in filesystems or why linux is about to win
All linked (I am a storage/virtualisation guy mainly) and could be
done in sequence.

About the Python programming language:
* Why I Love Python
- basic intro to the language (we had a "shoot-off" at WYLUG)
* Anatomy of a Python Program: How much can you do in 0.1 KLOC?
- quite advanced disection of 100 lines of code that achieve a
surprising amount.

I hope to see you all soon,
Tom