[Liverpool] [ANN] Ignite Liverpool 2

Adrian McEwen adrian at mcqn.net
Fri Apr 9 11:08:06 UTC 2010

As I mentioned in the pub on Wednesday, we're holding another Ignite
Liverpool event.  It's next Thursday (15th April) from 6pm at the CUC
building (where Barcamp Liverpool was) on Parliament St.

Featuring a series of short, punchy talks on a whole range of
technological, social or political themes, it should be an educational,
informative and fun evening.

The Ignite format is one created by O'Reilly (the tech books publisher),
and all talks adhere to a strict format: twenty slides that auto-advance
every fifteen seconds, for a five minute running time. As the strapline
says - "Enlighten us, but make it quick".

At the first Liverpool event we had talks ranging from "The 5 minute
blagger's guide to Linux" to "City of Abundance: Hacking the urban
landscape for food", from "The Mother Town - An artist's overview of a
natural creative cluster within a city" to "Why Bono's rich and Spotify
won't make money"

The official web page for the event is
<http://how-why-diy.ning.com/events/ignite-liverpool-2-the-return> and
it's also listed on Upcoming at <http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/5660817>

The line-up is looking pretty good, but I'm sure we could squeeze an
extra speaker or two in if anyone's up for it?

Cheers,

Adrian.

--
http://www.mcqn.net/mcfilter/