[Liverpool] Open Rights Group : Digital Economy Bill - Manchester, 23rd Jan

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Sun Jan 10 01:24:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 12:34 +0000, Simon Ward wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 03:00:26AM +0000, Bob Ham wrote:
> > I'm not sure I understand all this; MPs are just people.  Why on earth
> > would anyone need training in order to talk to a person?
>
> It is about talking to people, and I would expect the training to
> include things such as being polite

This seems odd to me.  If you have to explicitly tell people who are
effectively volunteering to represent your cause, that they need to be
polite when talking to people, it kind of makes me wonder whether the
campaign is doomed from the start.

Not that I care; Western governments seem to be increasingly flagrant
about their disregard for public opinion.  I question the effectiveness
of any grass-roots campaign.

For that matter, who cares about what the government says?  It's high
time for some anarchy, says I.

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }