[Liverpool] Meeting Tomorrow

Sebastian shop at open-t.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 11:26:44 UTC 2010

Hi Neil,

On 11/04/2010 09:44 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 00:55:26 +0000, Stephen Watkin wrote:
>
>> To send an alt+tab to an X server without a keyboard, get a package
>> called 'xvkbd' and use the following command:
>>
>> xvkbd -text "\A\t"
>
> That looks a useful command. Instead of running several vlc windows and
> using Alt-Tab, run one instance with all the streams
>
> cvlv stream1 stream2 ...

Is this a documented feature? I thought that cvlc would only take one
single input stream as argument. Otherwise, how would it know what to do
with all the streams - where to display or send them all?

I know there can be multiple output streams though.

Edit: just looked it up. This is from the VLC wiki:

"You can specify multiple streams on the commandline. They will be
enqueued in the playlist.
The first item specified will be played first."

So it seems that as long as data keeps on coming down the first stream,
the subsequent streams are ignored.

Sebastian