[Liverpool] Linux on ARM

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 8 16:48:40 UTC 2010

On 08/10/10 17:28, Stephen Watkin wrote:
> It's pretty low, and at the rate I'm adding manufactures to my own
> personal shit list (motorola for the droid debacle and more recently,
> HTC with their G2 that manages to re-flash itself back to the factory
> image if you root it), I won't have much to chose from when my contract
> is up in a few months!

Have you a shortlist of devices/manufacturers that *are* okay?

I ask as my phone is a little over 5 years old, so I may replace
it in the next year [1]. I'm torn between something like a Dell Streak
(& a foldable bluetooth keyboard) or getting something really
portable like Sony's little slide-out phone - but Emacs will be
pretty painful in QVGA :-/

Alternatively, maybe I'll find a better CF card for my
Psion5, and do Arm Linux that way :-)

 - Richard

[1] Scandalously wasteful, I know - it still gives me
    one week's battery life.

--
Richard Smedley      Social Media & Accessible Web for small Orgs
                                     http://GoodGNUs.org/courses

http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley        Sustainable 3rd Sector IT
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardsmedley
                                 http://identi.ca/richardsmedley/