[Liverpool] New FSFE Free PDF Readers Campaign

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 16 20:04:42 UTC 2010

On 16/09/10 20:31, Sebastian wrote:
> If some people who make software want to be a pain in the arse, or
> become exceedingly rich out of it - I say let them. At least that's my
> interpretation of freedom. As long as they also let us have Open Source
> software (and don't try to stop us), and people are not taking credit
> for other people's work - that's fine with me.
[ snip ]
> I not only want to be free, I also want to be left to my own devices. I
> am not against aggressive marketing, mind control and disinformation,
> just so that I can get preached to, proselytised, and bombarded with
> 'campaigns' from the opposite end of the idealogical spectrum.

While you make a fair point about freedom and live-and-let-live,
this thread is about *government* promoting proprietary
software before Free Software.

While people are free to license their own software in any
way they choose, government hold *our* money, and must
use it responsibly [well, that's the theory - it's not happened
yet :-/ ]

 - Richard "Don't blame me, I vote Monster Raving Loony" Smedley