[Liverpool] Discussions at the last LivLUG regarding Symbian

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 11:15:08 UTC 2011

Thanks for the link Andy. I hadn't even heard about this until you mentioned
it but interest in Symbian is hardly high right now. Even within Nokia.

I'm not sure I can remember another company spending such a lot of time and
effort making a product open source, having a high profile launch and then a
few months later trying to say it's closed source again. Just another
example of the lack in leadership at Nokia.

Very sad IMO. They're really banking on Microsoft saving them now, they
don't have any other options.

I still miss Maemo, that was a great OS.

Dan