[Liverpool] Nokia and Microsoft

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 12:51:53 UTC 2011

It's very sad news. I loved Maemo and the N900 I had was great. Nokia has
been on the rocks for a while. They still own the dumb phone market which is
big worldwide, but for MS this is a smart move in getting adoption for
Windows Mobile possibly. Time will tell.

I worry more about what happens to the other Open Source projects Nokia
owns. Notably Qt. There's also a lot patents at Nokia that the trolls in
Redmond would love to get their hands on.

I didn't think it was as clean cut as "get a former MS employee, end up on
Windows", seems I was wrong. It is that simple.

A sad day :(

Dan