[Liverpool] Serial port blanking plate

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Sun Jan 2 17:39:45 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could ask if anybody has a spare serial port
blanking plate that they could lend or donate to me?

After going down to Bristol for the holidays, I brought back with me a
(very good) IR remote control receiver that uses a serial connector.  My
motherboard doesn't have a serial port amongst its connectors on the
back plate.  However, it does have a header to attach a serial port so I
also brought back a serial port socket (ie, a ribbon cable with 10-pin
header connector on one end and a 9-pin D-sub chassis socket on the
other end.)

My case has no precut holes for D-sub connectors so I need to use a
blanking plate for an expansion port, like so:

  http://us.startech.com/media/products/plate9/Large/PLATE9.Alarge.jpg

I know I used to have a plentiful supply of such things but alas, the
only one I could find down in Bristol was a low-profile plate.  I'm sure
one of my old boxes in Bristol would have had one in but I was in a rush
and didn't have time to do any open part surgery.

So, I come to you good fellows to ask for assistance :-)  Does anybody
happen to have a serial port blanking plate lying around that I can
have?

Cheers,

Bob

--