[Liverpool] Android version and apps availability on the app market

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 15:44:50 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I'm trying to install Openvpn Installer and Openvpn Settings apps from
the Android Market on a ZTE Racer with stock rom. Although they show on
a pc at market.android.com - they don't show in the market app on the
phone. I can still install them manually, by going on the phone to the
developer's website.

My questions are:

1. Is this because of the version of Android on the phone (it runs 2.1)?
I would have though 2.1 is relatively recent.
2. If it's not the Android version, is there some other criteria the
Market app is using to filter out entries on the phone?
3. Is there a way to tell what are the requirements for the app or why
it gets excluded in the results shown on the phone?

If anybody with an Android phone has a minute to see if it shows in the
market app on their phone - I'd be glad if they report back here with
the Android version.

Hope you are all keeping well.

Thanks,

Sebastian