[Liverpool] Silent PCs

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Fri Jun 17 20:00:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 20:28 +0100, Sebastian Arcus wrote:

> On the other hand, there is another way to get pretty much unlimited
> power in a totally silent way. Just have all your super-powerful
> hardware (a whole datacentre if you want) in a different room, and use
> some form of remote access

Aye, I've considered that.  However, the reason I want silence is
largely for audio work.  In this context, the computer must necessarily
be within short range of the user because of the need to get sound in
and out with as low latency as possible.

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }