[Liverpool] Maemo - back from the ashes?

Andrew Bates oscillik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 18:39:59 UTC 2011

ahh just seems like there's a difference in use of the word 'firmware' like
there is a difference in the use of the word 'monitor' in the fields of
Computing, and Sound Engineering (I know Bob knows what I'm talking about!).

As for the driver issue, I dunno. After having a look up at that GTA04 you
mentioned, that actually seems like a very very usable solution, providing
that OpenMoko itself is anywhere near usable (as what I would expect from a
modern smartphone OS anyway). The one major thing that put me right off the
Neo Freerunner was the completely abysmal specifications of the phone which
by 2008 were already, at best, 5 years old.

If you do get your hands on a GTA04, I would very much look forward to you
showing it off at a LUG meeting, would be cool to see what it can do.