[Liverpool] Way back into technical topics

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 10:38:51 UTC 2011

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the useful comments. I also looked at wxWidgets, but they use
native widgets on every platform. In spite of the majority of people
(apparently) preferring native widgets, I actually like the idea that my
app would look the same on all platforms - and not take the look and
feel of native apps (and thus produce somewhat unpredictable/different
behaviour on different platforms).

GnuCash (among many other pieces of software) is done in GTK+ (they
started about 1996 I think) - and it runs on Mac, Windows and Linux. It
seems to work just fine for them, so I suppose GTK+ should be a
perfectly usable alternative on Windows for everyone else, shouldn't it?

Sebastian