[Liverpool] I am new, Hello.

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Tue Oct 11 09:52:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 00:54:48 +0100, Mark Halber wrote:

> I am new to mailing lists so hopefully I am doing/sending this
> correctly. My employer is re-locating the business to Liverpool next
> year, so since I will be moving I thought I would look up the local LUG
> ahead of time and say Hello.

Welcome.

> I am not quite sure at all how mailing lists work, is there a resource
> anyone could recommend on how to ensure I don't do something wrong?

Mailing list etiquette is mainly common sense and treating others with
respect. There used to be a guideline that one should subscribe to a
forum for a week before posting, to get an idea of its culture.

This is specific to the FreeBSD lists, but much of it applies to mailing
list in general and specifically Linux lists.