[Liverpool] I am new, Hello.

Adrian McEwen adrian at mcqn.net
Tue Oct 11 10:04:29 UTC 2011

On 11/10/11 08:31, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
>  On 11/10/11 00:54, Mark Halber wrote:
>> I am new to mailing lists so hopefully I am doing/sending this
>> correctly.
>> My employer is re-locating the business to Liverpool next year, so
>> since I will be moving I thought I would look up the local LUG ahead
>> of time and say Hello.
>> I am not quite sure at all how mailing lists work, is there a
>> resource anyone could recommend on how to ensure I don't do something
>> wrong?
>>
>> Mark Halber
>>

> Hi Mark and welcome to Liverpool LUG (and Liverpool!). Feel free to
> join us for the monthly meeting when you are in the area. The Liv-LUG
> website has more details at: http://liv.lug.org.uk/wiki/
>
> Sebastian

Hi Mark,

As Sebastian says, welcome to the group.  We're reasonably friendly, so
I wouldn't worry too much about the finer details of list etiquette - if
you make any mistakes then (hopefully) someone will give you a gentle
nudge towards the right way :-)

It's good to hear of another firm moving to Liverpool - what is it that
you guys do?  There are a few other local tech groups that you might be
interested in too - I pulled together a list of some of them on my blog
recently [1], and I don't know if you'll be around in November, but
there's a Barcamp [2] taking place then, which might be a good
opportunity to get to know more of the local geeks.

Cheers,

Adrian.

[1]
<http://www.mcqn.net/mcfilter/archives/liverpool/a_snapshot_of_the_nw_tech_scene.html>