[Liverpool] Liverpool LUG meeting with Bob Ham on GNU Emacs - Wednesday 7th September 2011

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Fri Sep 9 13:08:20 UTC 2011

Cool, glad you liked the talk :-)  And I'm glad people are willing to
give Emacs a try.  Of course if you have any problems, don't hesitate to
post to the list, I'll be happy to help.

Ste asked about auto-complete.  I looked it up and was completely
unsurprised to find there is indeed auto-complete support :-)

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AutoComplete

It was a bit of a problem finding a place to be.  It seems like a good
idea to book a table at LEAF.  Could you possibly take care of that
Dan? :-)

I'd also like to echo a welcome for newcomers as well :-)

Bob

P.S. - I'm writing this in Emacs hehe :-)

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 12:13 +0100, Dan Lynch wrote:
> Yeah I definitely agree. Very interesting talk and I hadn't realised
> the full history of Emacs. Good stuff.
>
> It was a great night and a very good turnout. Maybe the
> Announce-O-Matic 7000 is helping. If you came along for the first time
> I hope you enjoyed it and will come back in future.
>

> At this rate it might be worth booking a table somewhere like LEAF.
> It's easy with 10 people but I'm never sure how many will actually
> turn up on the night.
>

> See you all again soon,
>

> Dan
>

> P.S - I'm writing this in Emacs.... nah I'm not really, but I am going
> to try it properly after Bob's talk :)
>

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Simon Johnson
> <simon.johnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Hi All,
>

>         I'd like to thank Bob for his talk! I'm sure we're all agreed
>         that we should at least try Emacs.
>

>         There were a few new faces last night too, I hope that we see
>         them again at a future talk.
>

>         And for those who are vaguely interested, I did manage to get
>         home without running out of Petrol.
>

>         Cheers,
>

>         Simon
>

>         On 6 September 2011 11:41, Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh> wrote:
>

>                 On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 22:16 +0100, Bob Ham wrote:
>                 > On Wednesday, 7th September 2011, the Liverpool
>                 Linux User Group will
>                 > be meeting.
>

>                 > A reminder will be sent closer to the date.
>

>                 This meeting is tomorrow.  See you there :-)
>

>                 Sent from the Announce-o-matic 7000!

Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }