[Liverpool] Liverpool LUG meeting - Saturday 21st April 2012

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Mon Apr 16 19:37:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 14:41 +0100, Liam Craddock wrote:
> > On Saturday, 21st April 2012, the Liverpool Linux User Group¹ will be
> > meeting.  This is a Saturday meeting so there's no talk.
> Assuming nothing comes up, I should be along. I'll bring my new toy
> (Asus Transformer TF201).

The hardware looks really nice.  It'll be interesting to see how it
compares to Neil's TF101.  Though, I do wonder whether all the drivers
and software are free?  The norm for Android seems to be proprietary :-(

I notice Asus released a tool for unlocking the boot loader so you can
install a free OS.  Good in a way but I have reservations about a
company that believes they had the right to *lock* the boot loader in
the first place! :-)

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>
Diaspora: rah at pod.settrans.net