[Liverpool] Departure

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Sun Aug 26 23:14:24 UTC 2012

Thanks for all the info Bob, I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone agrees
with me that you're always welcome any time :)

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil at stfw.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 19:50:52 +0100, Bob Ham wrote:
>

> > 1. Meeting announcements
> >
> >    This involves making announcements and finding speakers to announce.
> >    It also involves maintaining the parts of the wiki related to talks,
> >    in particular the list of past talks and the list of upcoming talks.
>
> I'm happy to help with this.

I was doing announcements on a monthly rotation with Bob so I'm happy if
you want join me Neil. We can look at what else needs doing and decide on
our future at the next meeting. I think that'll probably be a big
discussion so I'm going to suggest we push your talk back a month if that's
ok?

> 2. Liaising with Liverpool Social Centre
>
> But not this, it really needs someone resident or working in Liverpool.

I can do that. I'm already in the Nerve office upstairs regularly enough
and I know Maria who runs News From Nowhere.

> 3. Liaising with lug.org.uk
>
> I'd be happy to look after this too.

That would be helpful, thanks.

> One final tidbit as a data dump: last month I asked the lug.org.uk
> > admins how many people were subscribed to this mailing list and the
> > answer was 129.
>
> Let's see how many of them we can get to the next meeting :)

Wow, that is surprising. It would probably be a lot higher too if the
server had a valid certificate. You get all kinds of nasty warnings when
trying to sign up in something like Firefox right now. I think that may be
a lug.org.uk thing and beyond our control.

Everyone up for a discussion about the LUG structure and how we want it to
be at the next meeting? Wed Sept 5th, 7pm.

See ya,