[Liverpool] The Science Delusion

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Fri Jan 6 12:39:00 UTC 2012

Hi all,

It seems quite timely, given the pub conversation on Wednesday, that I
just read this review of Rupert Sheldrake's latest book, provocatively
titled "The Science Delusion":

http://monkeywah.typepad.com/paranormalia/2012/01/book-review-rupert-sheldrakes-the-science-delusion.html

I thought I would share it with the list as there were some who were
interested in engaging with the topic.

And further to that, I mentioned a book about a guy who diced up
salamander brains and reattached them.  He came to interesting
conclusions about the nature of the brain.  The book is "Shufflebrain"
and it's by Paul Pietsch <http://www.iu.edu/%7Epietsch/cv.html>.  Here
is an article which which seems to be a condensed version:

   http://www.iu.edu/~pietsch/shufflebrain.html

And here happens to be the whole book online (there's also a PDF):

   http://www.iu.edu/~pietsch/shufflebrain-book00.html

The book I mentioned that contains an excellent overview of
parapsychology is "The Conscious Universe" by Dean Radin:

   http://www.deanradin.com/NewWeb/TCUindex.html

Some food for thought :-)

Bob

PS, I wanted to use my conscious mind to influence the physical world in
order to send this email.  So I did.  I made my fingers type it out ;-)