[Liverpool] Mediawiki

Daniel Hartley D.R.T.Hartley at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 17:57:05 UTC 2012

Thanks for the suggestions Dan. Had a look at dokuwiki last night and
managed to upload it to a webspace. It's all working surprisingly. It's
still in its infancy but the idea is to create a wiki for Liverpool
musicians and new music...

On 28/01/12 22:01, Dan Lynch wrote:
> Enjoying your comedy work gents :D
>
> Back to Daniel's original question. Have you decided you definitely
> want MediWiki? Is there a specific reason for it? You might have some
> special requirements I don't know about.
>
> I would suggest having a look at DokuWiki
> <http://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki> and if that satisfies your needs
> going with that instead. It's a lot easier to set up and manage than
> MediaWiki in my experience. Still written in PHP, easy to theme and
> also quick to install.
>
> If you want help with MediaWiki or anything else then let me know. If
> I'm free I'll help out with the music project. Sounds interesting.
> Feel free to ping me.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan
>

> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil at stfw.net
> <mailto:neil at stfw.net>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 23:57:57 +0000, Adrian McEwen wrote:
>
>     > > Bob the Jedi, another persona he has.
>     > >
>     > Whatever you do, don't confuse that persona with Bob, a Fett.
>
>     Anyone know the best way to get tea off a keyboard and screen?
>

>     --
>     Neil Bothwick
>
>     If at first you don't succeed you'll get lots of advice.

dhartley.net
allthingsflow.org
http://livmuswiki.byethost32.com/dokuwiki-2012-01-25/doku.php