[Liverpool] Liverpool Linux User Group Meeting - Wed Sept 5th - 7:30pm

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Thu Sep 6 14:14:08 UTC 2012

As a quick follow up to our meeting, here are the main outcomes:

1. The LUG will continue pretty much as it has before but Neil made a
valuable suggestion that we should have some sort of short mission
statement on our website front page. So people can see what LivLUG is and
what we're about.

2. I (Dan) will liaise with LSC in future and I had a good chat with Maria
about things. I'd like to spend some time sorting out their computers again
and rationalising the kit we have. Possibly a weekend afternoon. Neil and
Dan will make meeting announcements in future and Neil has also agreed to
become our lug.org.uk admin. Help is welcomed if people would like to get
involved in admin tasks.

3. It was suggested that we get people to tell us what kind of talks they'd
be interested in seeing and also their own areas of expertise.

4. The idea of a private members area for the website with logins was
mooted. This would allow members to share their contact details and other
things without opening it up to the entire world.

Thoughts on all of the above are welcome :)

Cheers,