[Liverpool] Next meeting

Antony Bailey antony.bailey at thepoliceoftheinter.net
Wed Aug 21 18:18:57 UTC 2013

Sounds good.

I'm thinking that I will talk about public / private key cryptography which
covers PGP, DRM and Bitcoin.

I'll do disc encryption. So true crypt vs others.

I'll do point to point encrypted phone calls along with examples for modern
phones both mobile and land line. Including PBX for home.

Obviously all the encryption you use is just as strong as your will to keep
your data secure. I won't link to the xkcd, but I'm sure you know the
example. So I'll do plausible deniability along with clandestine intrusion
by shall we say nation states.

Data destruction also. This talk is also known as Guttman thinks 35 passes
is just going to kill a drive too. If I had the cash to hand I'd get some
drives of eBay and show you how to see strangers' holiday snaps.

Examples maybe of broken cryptography like md5 and historical cipher like
the bacon cipher (everyone likes bacon).

I'm sure I'm missing some things. So if you want anything special let me
know.

Oh go on let's have that xkcd http://xkcd.com/538/